Saturday, May 12, 2007

Storm Track Infiltration: A Muslim Who Gets It

Will wonders never cease? First a pro-American President is elected in France. Now a Saudi columnist – yeah, that’s right a SAUDI columnist – gets what most Westerners don’t. Here’s his commentary.

Britain teems with nests of serpents and scorpions of extremism who come from around the world: Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Syria, Pakistan and other countries due to its flexible systems and the adoption of a policy to receive outcasts during the aftermath of World War II and the Soviet-Western conflict during which doors were opened to persecuted refugees who sought their rights. The paradox is that it is in Britain, the object of hate for many fundamentalists, where these very people practice their full rights and enjoy what they were deprived of in their native countries.

I could not have said it better. Abdul Rahman Al-Rashed chooses an interesting set of words to describe the nest of jihadists – serpents and scorpions. Remember the tale of the scorpion and the turtle?

A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. "Are you At least I'm true to myself mad?" exclaimed the turtle. "You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear turtle," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"You're right!" cried the turtle. "Hop on!" The scorpion climbed aboard and halfway across the river gave the turtle a mighty sting. As they both sank to the bottom, the turtle resignedly said:

"Do you mind if I ask you something? You said there'd be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?"

"It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just my nature."


Or the serpent and the little girl?

A young girl was trudging along a mountain path, trying to reach her grandmother's house. It was bitterly cold, and the wind cut like a knife. When she was within sight of her destination, she heard a rustle at her feet.

Looking down, she saw a snake. Before she could move, the snake spoke to her. He said, “I am about to die. It is too cold for me up here and I am freezing. There is no food in these mountains and I am starving. Please put me under your coat and take me with you.”

“No,” replied the girl. “I know your kind. You are a rattlesnake. If I pick you up, you will bite me, and your bite is poisonous.”

“No, no,” said the snake. “If you help me, you will be my best friend. I will treat you differently.”

“I believe you. I will save you. All living things deserve to be treated with kindness.”

The little girl reached over, put the snake gently under her coat and proceeded toward her grandmother's house. Within a moment, she felt a sharp pain in her side. The snake had bitten her.

“How could you do this to me?” she cried. “You promised that you would not bite me if I would protect you from the bitter cold.”

The snake simply replies "You knew what I was when you found me. It's just my nature".


Sounds like serpents and scorpions to me.

Until four years ago, Britain’s intellects had said that they were willing to tolerate what these people had to say out of protecting individual rights and the right to free speech and political opposition. We used to say to them that we all supported that right but that these people had no relation to freedom and unfortunately never respected the rights of others. They despised the regime that protected them and privately and publicly conspired against society. Unfortunately, these intellects turned a blind eye, believing that we pursued opponents, instead of examining the extremism phenomenon in the Arab and Muslim world to identify the nature of the problem.

What does Al-Rashed think the British authorities should do?

I think they must do what other Muslim and non-Muslim countries have done before them-accept fighting extremists by cutting off the oxygen that sustains extremist groups: their newspapers, radio stations, televisions, forums, mosques and websites.

Absolutely and utterly correct. The Brits – and all of us – need to cut off the propaganda arm of the ideology because it’s not the terrorists, or jihadists, or Muslims – it’s the ideology, stupid! Cut the head off the serpent and it will wither and die.

The question is: how can the codified British system allow that? The answer lies with the hesitant legislators who are practically on the brink of a terrorist war today. After all, pursuing extremist Muslims today is better than pursuing all Muslims tomorrow.

We are not at war with all Muslims. We are not at war with Islam. We are at war with an ideology – the ideology of Islamism that seeks to have the world ruled by Sharia Law under the black flag of Islamic fascism.

This Saudi gets it. When will we?

Sign up for my free WEEKLY STORM REPORT and receive a synopsis of the most important weekly news revealing the intimidation, infiltration and disinformation tactics used to soften-up the non-Muslim world for domination.

2 Comments:

  • Unfortunately we dont get it. We didnt get it before WW2 that Germany and Japan were after world domination. We didnt get it prior to North Korea invasion of the South.
    We dont get it know with the likes of CAIR promoting its venom.Problem is when will we get it? When we have the defeatist Left who thinks capitulation is the answer to all our problems and radical Islam will just go away if we would only surrender.Will they get it when the knife is at their throats? Doubt it they will bash Bush with their last beheaded breath.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

  • Micael - you are so right.

    The left will never, NEVER admit that they were wrong. They didn't after Pearl Harbor and they won't now. They will say as the mushroom clouds appear over New York, Washington and LA, and as innocent American muslims are hounded out of their homes, that we just didn't talk enough or give negotiations enough time.

    Ugh!!

    By Blogger WC, at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home